Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Welcome!


Hello All and Welcome to my Blog!

I wanted to start writing this blog to chronicle my daily routine as a stay at home mom and advocate for my 3 sons. I recently had my third baby, Patrick who was born with a cleft lip and palate. His birth and subsequent needs have thrust me onto the other side of the table. I was a special education IEP facilitator, working in a public school district alongside the supervisor of special education advocating on behalf of special education students throughout the district. Now I am a parent of a special needs child signing on the dotted line as parent not LEA (local education agency). This new perspective has given me a greater appreciation and understanding for parents of special needs students and has strengthened my own parenting skills and relationship with my children and husband. The purpose of my blog will be to update the followers on my daily routines navigating the world of being a stay at home mom and advocating on behalf of all my children. Even before Patrick's birth I have been working tirelessly to educate myself and others on his disability and have worked effortlessly to get different supports and services in place to help him meet with success. So welcome and join me as I celebrate the capital J Joys of motherhood and little c challenges.

-AnnMarie

No comments: